Páginas

sexta-feira, 13 de julho de 2012

Red Beans!

On our last day at the sertão we met a group of kids that make earrings, bracelets, necklaces etc. They make accesories we resources from nature!. In this picture this are naturally red beans called "Mulumgu" that are mostly found in the sertão. I loved them so much that I bough 200 grams of red beans! Yes Michele I was happy because I had red beans :) veryyyy happy! She took this picture and she could not stop laughing when I told her that :). Going back to the group of kids thay have to be older than 16 and everything started because they do not have nothing to do there. So one kid talk to Diaconia and Diaconia taught him how to do this accessories. This kids wanted to learn something useful to do. The sad part most of them do not live with their dads becuase their dads live in another state trying to make money to support the family. They all have dreams to become an agriculturist or veterinarian, but their life situation does not make it possible for them. However, they still persevere and try to make the best of what they had. Being in Brazil have showed how much I have and that my trials are nothing compare to the trials of the people I met there and at CCJ or GTP. Nevertheless, the difference is that this people find happiness in the small things and we normally do not feel happy unless is something big.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário