Páginas

segunda-feira, 6 de agosto de 2012

Second Day Manaus!


On our second day Sara and I went back to the Indian market to buy these earrings!! So in Manaus because of the strong Indian influence most people wear these huge feather earrings in one ear. People in the market thought I was half Indian or Indian and when I said no they said oh you are from Bahia then. Close I am from Dominican Republic :D. It seems I look Brazilian and because everyone in the group except for Michele and the professor were Americans, Brazilians would come to me a talk really fast.






At 11:30 am we where read for our adventure! we went to a hotel in an island called Tiwa where we stayed for four days. Our first activity was to fish piranhas. Piranhas are not as a ugly as I thought there are four types of piranhas. The Black Rives is full of piranhas and you can still swim in the rives cause they are only dangerous if you are bleeding. There is no doubt piranhas are ugly fishes!. It seems they are easy to caught though, but I didn't caught not even one. We divided our group in three groups and one of the groups caught like 30! and I took a picture :P. Our group caught like four, but it was because our location was not the best. The night ended by catching a Cayman :) 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário